Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our trip to the Sister's Quilt Show

Sisters was beautiful with the flowers hanging everywhere. Here is a closeup.
I like this picture because you can see that Sister's is surrounded by forest
There were also flower gardens on every corner.
I've always wanted to go to Sister's Oregon to the Outdoor Quilt show. This was the year we decided to do it. We had never been to Central Oregon, so we had a fun three days looking around. We enjoyed the beauty of Mt. Hood on our drive there.
Around every bend we would see it in a different scene.
We couldn't decide which one was our favorite.
It is so majestic!

Driving into Sisters you can see the "Three Sister's" peaks.

My favorite was this shot with the mountains and the barn.

My husband has found himself a place to "hang out" during the quilt show!
Really, he barely got to sit there. He walked around with me and took pictures.

This is one of the buildings and Sculptures in Sisters.
See the flag advertising the Quilt Show?

This is the quilt panel they made for the show.
It was sold out, but we found it framed on a building.

Here is the quilt store called "The Stitchin' Post".
They sponsor the quilt show each year.
Here I am on Friday night, in front of the Stitchin' Post

Here is the Stitchin Post on Saturday- the day of the show

The ladies from Gee's Bend were in front of the shop signing their book and Singing!

This is the way the streets looked.
Thousands of hanging quilts and thousands of people.

What a cute shop. I'm there on the corner in the green shirt.

Here are some of my favorite quilts.
There were so many and lots of art quilts, but my favorites tend to be simple and colorful.

How about this one for a reminder of a trip to Paris?
Two Christmas Quilts
They always grouped like-quilts together
and color coordinated them to the building they were hanging on.



I had to add an "Art Quilt".
Love the bears!

When we got to hot and tired we left and drove to Sun River
We ate lunch at the Lodge in their outdoor cafe

1 comment:

  1. I loved all the quilt show pictures. I'm so glad you got to go and that you shared all the pictures with us so we feel like we have been there too.

    ReplyDelete