Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Paris Flea Market Quilt

NEW PROJECTS
Its time for me to start some new projects!
Years ago, I bought a collection of (Moda) Paris Flea Market fabrics and a pattern.
When I got ready to start working on it, I realized that I needed more of the background fabric. Luckily, I was able to find it online.
I ordered it from Quilthome.com and it came in two days!
Here it is !

Quilt # 1

The blocks laid out

This is a picture of the finished top. I just have to add the scalloped border!

Quilt #2
A few years ago, I was traveling through Montana with my husband. I saw this flower quilt pattern at Bell Tower Quilts in Corvallis. I fell in love with it. I had fun picking out fabrics for it at lots of other quilt shops all along the way. I think I am ready to start on it.

I love the bright fabrics, they are April Cornell fabrics by Moda!

A picture of the pattern and some of the fabrics.
Here are the center blocks-
All the flowers and leaves-
Now it will be a few weeks while I embroider the vines and sew on the flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Mom,

    I love the quilt with the flowers. You'll have to show it to me next time you visit.

    ReplyDelete