Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Patriotic quilts

In February, my quilt group sponsored a quilt show to raise money for "American Hero Quilts". Sue Nebeker is in charge of a group who provide an American Hero Quilt for every injured soldier at the Madigan Army Hospital near Fort Lewis, WA. We wanted to help her make quilts and raise funds to finish and ship the ones she makes.
This is the picture that was in the local paper to advertise our show.
I had just finished two patriotic quilts that I donated to be raffled at the Quilt show.
The 1st is a "Stars and Bars" quilt

The 2nd is a Mystery quilt that I made in a church quilt group


I still have my flag quilt that I hang on the wall


I made this top years ago, when I first started quilting. I thought if I gave the other two quilts away- it would force me to get this one quilted by the forth of July!
Here it is, still unquilted - but very festive!

Maybe I will finish it by the next 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment