Thursday, November 3, 2011

Butterhorn Rolls

I have a great recipe for Butterhorn Rolls that my neighbor gave me years ago.
They are very easy and everyone's favorite.
They gave me the reputation of being a great roll maker-
But it's really just the recipe!
I was called and asked to make the rolls for a catered dinner,
so I decided this was a good time to share the recipe.
BUTTERHORNS
1 pkg. yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
1/2 cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
1/2 cup melted butter ( one cube)
( I put the cube in a bowl, cover it with the paper it came in- and microwave a few seconds)
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add all the other ingredients in order.
Stir with a wooden spoon. It will be sticky!
Cover with saran wrap and put in the refrigerater overnight- (or for at least 4 hours)
When you are ready to make the rolls, divide the dough into 2 balls.
It is still a little sticky, so use some more flour.
Roll each ball into a circle, ( about 1/4 " thick) and spread with more melted butter.
No wonder they are so good!
Using a pizza cutter, cut the circle into 12-18 pie shaped pieces. ( I make 16)
Starting at the large end, roll them up into cresent shapes.
Repeat with 2nd ball of dough and put them on 2 cookie sheets.
Let rise
Depending on the outside temperature, that could be 1-3 hours
I have even let them rise for 4 hours during church
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
I spread a little more butter on the tops after they are baked

ENJOY!
This is the easiest yeast roll you will ever make. And you didn't have to knead the dough!
Extra Hints:
I have doubled the recipe many times- but either use two mixing bowls or have someone strong there to stir the batter as a double recipe is pretty thick to work with!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! They knew who to ask to make the rolls!
    They look amazing. If they are half as easy as you said, I'll have to become a roll maker. They look s-o-O YUMMY! Where did you get all your talent and ambition? No wonder I love being related to you. Remember Grandma Christensen's rolls. We always wanted to sit at a kid's table (close to the counter with the rolls) so we could sneak more. I got her recipe book and her roll recipe was a pinch of this and a handful of that. Kind of hard to follow. Glad you're blogging again. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look extra yummy! I will have to try them out.

    Your decorations also look great...you definitely have an eye for design. I love the new pillow!

    Hope all is well with you and the family!

    ReplyDelete