Saturday, October 3, 2009

vintage baby quilt

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a garage sale with my daughter. We saw this bag and thought it was made out of the Cutest fabric! However, it was a very odd shaped bag. I bought it thinking that the fabric ( + cute blue Aunt Grace that the lining was made out of) would go great with some red and yellow vintage fabrics scraps I bought in Sisters, Oregon.So it took the bag apart! Here is the fabric and pattern all ready to make a cute baby quilt!

Voila, the finished top- I used every scrap!

I tried for close up views!

Now to decide what to use for the back and binding!

It has to be something I have- that's my new rule!

Can't wait to finish it!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute quilt. Were you really thinking about cutting up the bag when you bought it? I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart and talented. I can't wait to see it all done either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what pattern did you use for this quilt? im in a sewing class and would really love to make a quilt like this

    ReplyDelete