Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finished Tops

I finished some quilt tops which I started a few months ago.

I am excited to show that they are done.

The first is a quilt I made from April Cornel Fabrics

Here is one of the borders that I embroidered and sewed flowers on.


Here is the finished center with the two side borders

And finally, the whole quilt top.

The flowers and leaves are raw edge applique and after I quilt it I will sew buttons in the center of each flower. I'm hoping it will be as cute as the one I saw in the store.


I also finished two tops made out of Paris Flea Market Fabric.

When I made this first top I used a dark green print for the posts and when it was finished,


I wished they weren't so prominent - the blocks were supposed to "float"




So I made a second top and used a lighter green for the posts.

Can you tell the difference?

I do like them both!


I am Happy to have them done!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilts. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete